Saturday, 5 August 2006

Bonfire of Love

In a previous article called The Transmuting Fire of Love, I wrote "...God/Love is a consuming fire that transmutes everything in Its way into ITself." I see Love as a bonfire that never goes out. All I need to do is to toss in all my experiences to be transmuted into Love. Though I say "all" I find it useful to list them individually.

I'm now going to share a bonfire ritual, which is inspired from Guy Fawkes Night celebrations. (See It's That Time Again!).

I'm standing in front of a huge bonfire of Love. It appears purple. (Note you can have the fire appear in any colour you prefer; I love purple). I imagine whatever I'm going to throw in as a ball of light in my hand. Right, here goes.

First to go into the bonfire are my childhood experiences including growing up in a family; relationships with my parents, brothers, extended family, schools, friends, and other people. It doesn't matter if the experiences were "good" or "bad" they're all going into the fire. Also included are all cultural beliefs I was indoctrinated with from family, teachers, and society. Burn childhood experiences and cultural beliefs, burn!

Next to go into the bonfire are my beliefs in genetics that I have certain physical traits and characteristics because I inherited them from my parents and ancestors. Burn beliefs in genetics, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire my education - everything I was taught in school, college and in business; all the knowledge I have acquired; and all my qualifications - academic and professional. Burn education, knowledge, and qualifications, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire my identities as a daughter, sister, niece, cousin, grandchild, friend, teacher and student; as my sexuality, gender, race, nationality, social status, economic status, profession, citizen, and humanity. Burn identities, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire all my personal beliefs about beauty, sexuality, gender, intimate relationships, politics, religion, spirituality, psychology, philosophy, art, media, medicine, nutrition, science, finance, society, the world, truth, life, the universe, etc. Burn personal beliefs, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire all human beliefs whether I espouse them or not, including beliefs in aging, sickness, lack and death. Burn human beliefs, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire all my experiences whether I've triumphed or failed abysmally. I toss in all my mistakes. I toss in everything I love or I'm passionate about. I toss in everything I feel indifferent about. I toss in all my relationships. Burn experiences, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire all my desires and dreams whether they've been realised or not. Burn desires and dreams, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire all my emotions, feelings and thoughts. Burn emotions, feelings and thoughts, burn!

I'm now tossing into the bonfire all I thought I knew about love. Burn all I thought I knew about love, burn!

Last to go in into the bonfire is my individualised self as mind, body, and spirit. Burn individualised self as mind, body, and spirit, burn!

I am now witnessing the purple bonfire engulfing all that I considered myself to be. I watch as all that I am is consumed until there is nothing left but the purple bonfire of Love.

I am Love.

Enocia

Related article: Who is Really in Charge?