Friday, 28 July 2006

One Soul

Yesterday, this quote attracted my attention.

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." Emily Bronte

On the bus journey home a young man sat beside me. He got busy fiddling with his mobile phone. Another guy came on and sat in front of him. They soon got chatting about music. It turned out they were both from Zimbabwe.

The young man beside me told his new friend he was on his way to see one of his girlfriends. He said he had several girlfriends on the go because he didn't trust women. He said the last time he was in love he felt at one with her. The moment she started having an affair he felt it. Since then he has vowed to never trust anyone but God.

I could relate to what he was saying. When my last love met his wife I had a dream and knew before he even knew they would get together. Although we were no longer in a relationship I still felt we were connected. It felt like I was being ripped apart and it really hurt.

Now I know I am never apart from anyone as we all have the one Soul.

When the other guy got off I told the young man about the Emily Bronte quote I'd read. I told him to never give up on love. He said he didn't trust women in the West as they're not really interested in true love; all they care about is money. I listened to him in silence and wished him all my love, all our love as we are all the one Love.

One love, one heart.

Enocia

Related article: Soul Mates