Monday, 10 July 2006

Kaleidoscope

When you're smilin'....keep on smilin'
The whole world smiles with you
And when you're laughin'....keep on laughin'
The sun comes shinin' through

But when you're cryin'.... you bring on the rain
So stop your frownin'....be happy again
Cause when you're smilin'....keep on smilin'
The whole world smiles with you
When You're Smiling, Louis Armstrong

Friday, I met this woman on the bus (see You are Not Alone!). During the journey we discussed cost and standard of living in London compared to Peterborough, where she is living at the moment. She and a friend went to a famous department store based in Knightsbridge and they bought drinks at the bar. She said it cost £8 for a glass of red wine.

At another department store in Knightsbridge, a friend she was with picked up a skirt she liked until she realised it cost £4,000. Her friend felt guilty because she didn't feel she was worthy to touch the hem of the garment. Hehe. She said there were many women writing cheques though like it was nothing. We chuckled over how ridiculous prices in Knightsbridge sound when you're not rolling in money. Obviously, when money is not an issue a skirt that costs £4,000 is nothing.

Saturday, on my way to town just as I was approaching the stop I heard my bus leaving. There was another bus at the stop but the driver said I would have to wait about 10 minutes. I said I didn't mind waiting. We got chatting about life in general and the various trips he's made round the world. The conversation turned to the cost of living in London. I shared the conversation I'd had about the skirt costing £4,000. The driver said once when he was window shopping in Knightsbridge, he spotted a shirt that looked similar to the one the pop singer, Michael Jackson, had worn in one of his videos. He said he was curious about the price. Although there was no label on it he reckoned it would be about £50 or maybe £100 tops. The shirt was £5,000. He asked three times because he couldn't believe a shirt could cost that much.

Another time he accompanied a friend to a famous designer watch store around the area. They were offered glasses of champagne. As they didn't drink alcohol they asked for some soft drinks. His friend saw a watch he liked and told the assistant that he intended to have it. The driver asked his friend if he was prepared to pay £2,450 for the watch. It turned out his friend had not seen the tiny number "2" in front of the "450" and had presumed the watch was a real bargain. In your dreams, mate! Hahaha! His friend told the assistant he needed time (haha) to think about it and they made a quick getaway. His friend was ever so grateful to have been spared from financial ruin.

Yesterday, Sunday, on my way out I wished my mother a lovely day with her friend who was visiting.

"She's not my friend, she's my niece," she said.
"Yes, mum, but she's still your friend."
"No, she isn't. She is my niece."
"But I see you as my friend, mum."
"Well, I don't. You are my daughter, not my friend."
"Well, I see you as my friend even if you don't," I chuckled.

I could see my mother's perspective, she has more fun with her "friends" than she ever does with me.

On my bus journey, I kept noticing a L'Oreal ad campaign with the actress, Penelope Cruz. It kept reminding me of Italy. At first I thought she was Italian (she is Spanish) but then I remembered she was in the film, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, which has an Italian connection. Soon a whole bunch of Italians got on the bus. This could only mean one thing - Italy was going to win the World Cup. Merde!

Another billboard I kept noticing was for the musical Guys and Dolls starring Patrick Swayze. It just kept jumping out at me for some reason.

When I'd finished my errands, I was in two minds whether to go for a walk or to go for a bus ride. I hopped on a bus. When we arrived at a place where I could catch the next bus home, I didn't feel like getting off. I figured I would go all the way to where the bus terminated as I'd never done that before. At the last stop I got off and waited for another bus. I looked across the road and saw two shops. One was called "Guys and Dolls" and the one next to it was called "Friends, Friends." Talk about the universe reflecting my thoughts verbatim!

Later on another bus ride, I noticed this plastic bag on the road. Here in the UK, all stores and supermarkets provide customers with plastic carrier bags. In some parts of London, some people dump them in the streets and they get blown all over the place. I've even noticed several bags stuck up trees and flapping about in the wind. The bag I noticed was stuck underneath a barrier in the middle of the road. It was as if it wanted to go through. I wished it would slip through the railings but the poor darling couldn't quite make it. Later, on yet another bus, I spotted another plastic carrier bag being tossed about by the wind, but this time the bag slipped right underneath the barrier. Awww, bless!

This means I have to be very vigilant of my inner state because the cosmic kaleidoscope does not discriminate. The other day, for instance, I was feeling frustrated about being stuck in a dream. I felt like I was a ghost in one plane trying to communicate with people on another realm. In the library two kids on my left started bickering. I asked them to calm down or else they would be thrown out. One boy said, "You can't throw me out." On my right was this young man and a young woman. He applauded the boy for standing up to me. Then he turned the music on his mobile on. I retreated into silence. After a few minutes the boys on the left were playing as normal and the young man on my right turned off his music.

Later that evening, I met a friend and he sensed my frustration, took it personally, got defensive, and our conversation felt like we were on different planes which felt frustrating. Then I saw the frustration as nothing and stepped out of it. I knew myself as the Light and Love that I am. But my friend couldn't see the frustration as nothing and saw it as real so the evening ended abruptly.

I wonder if France had caught the wave of frustration at the World Cup final last night? They certainly weren't in the Love Zone. Thierry Henry got injured and though he continued playing he didn't stay for the whole match. Then Zidane got into a scuffle with an Italian player and was sent off.

After the football match my mother told me how frustrated she was that France had lost. I said there was always the next World Cup and went to have a bath. Besides, I had no intention of getting into another frustration malarkey. My mother phoned a friend who shared her frustration.

The world is constantly reflecting my inner state in every moment. This is why it's very important for me to recognise that Love is the only power.

"And when you're laughing the sun comes shining through."

One love,
Enocia

Related articles: Awareness; The Mirror Image Experiment; Freak Out; Kaleidoscope and Being in Love; Birds of a Feather Flock Together