Sunday, 16 July 2006

Charity Begins and Ends at Home

"...thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Psalm 23: 5-6

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." 1 Corinthians 13: 13

Love, Love, Love.

What would it be like to experience the love of God all the time, the love that keeps annointing you with its oil forever?

I believe God is all there is and God is Love. Right where I am is God presence and it is perfect love. This Love is no respecter of persons or beliefs; It embraces all experiences.

The topic at hand is "charity begins and ends at home." What do I mean by this?

Well, "home" is a constant awareness that there is only God. Right where I am is the love of God.

Charity is God in action; love in action.

Charity begins and ends at home means loving all that I am now.

Just as God doesn't pick and choose what bits to love but embraces the all so do I practise loving the all of me. I start off by loving the totality of who I am as a human form. I love everything about me from how I look to my experiences, thoughts, ideas, feelings, everything. It doesn't matter if my body is not perfect or my life is not as perfect as I'd like, nor does it matter what experiences I've had, I love all of me now.

I also believe that while I appear human, I am also a hologram of the universe. This means that I contain within me all of the Universe whether they are humans, rivers, oceans, mountains, animals, planets, stars, galaxies, light, vectors...I embrace them all.

Yesterday on the bus home I was practising loving the all of me as a human form. I had my eyes closed and was simply thinking "I love you, Enocia." Soon, two teenage girls got on and sat next to me. They were very loud. My thoughts of love changed to "I love you." I was aware that I was loving the two girls in me. One girl apologised to me. I opened my eyes. She had stretched out her legs and she was apologising for her foot rubbing against me. I said it was OK, not that I'd noticed anything. I closed my eyes and went back to thinking "I love you." Even though they continued screaming at each other, they didn't bother me. I loved them as me.

On another bus I heard a woman downstairs having a go at a male passenger. She was swearing at him. Again I went within and thought "I love you" embracing all the passengers. While the bus drivers were changing over, I heard a passenger speaking to the driver. The driver sounded pissed off at whatever the passenger had said. The passenger tried to make up by saying "have a nice day, anyway."

The driver said, "I was having a nice day until I met you."

I looked at the passenger beside me and burst out laughing.

The way I see it, love transmutes all into love. It doesn't matter whether the person is receptive to the love or not, at least for me the anger is diffused into nothing but love.

Charity begins and ends at home is a practise of loving and embracing the all that I am. Whenever someone catches my attention, it is a reminder to go within and love that aspect of myself.

There's no need to worry about going out there and doing loving acts or blessing others. All I have to do is go within and love myself and Love takes care of the rest.

I am also not concerned about how Love is made manifest, I simply love.

I love myself.

Enocia

Related article: Be Careful What You Love; Gifts of Love; Perfect Love