Friday, 23 June 2006

Is Love Personal or Impersonal?

"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalm 103: 1-5)
Is Love personal or impersonal?

One thing I know about Love is that Love is both unconditional and unconditioned.

By unconditional, I mean Love gives whether you believe you are deserving or not. In fact, Love loves no matter what you believe. You could say Love is impersonal in that She loves all equally.

By unconditioned, I mean one cannot limit Love; Love takes all forms. Therefore, it is as individual forms that Love becomes personal.

How Love loves is how I love others.

I start my day by realising that there is only Love. Today, I saw Love pouring through me like molten lava spewing out of a volcano. Love flows gently and steadily transmuting all She comes across into Love. I see Love as liquid purple. Don't ask me why Love is purple, it just is for me. By the way, the Love I am describing does not exist outside of me; there is nothing outside of me. This Love is who I am.

People express Infinite Love how they believe love should be expressed. The reverse is also true - people are open to receive love in the way they expect love. For example, my mother's idea of love is doing things in a tangible way for her. She finds my tactile expression of love uncomfortable, so I respect her wishes in this moment of Now. In the next Now, who knows?

The Universe sends me people and situations to love, but it's still not enough. There is way too much love to give so I create vessels to channel this love.

The Internet is a perfect vessel because it has an infinite capacity to receive love. With my blogs I have a place to pour and keep pouring love. My love is impersonal and attracts readers who resonate with that love. Then I make friends and the love becomes personal.

At discussion forums I can pour my love in the form of joining with like-minds to share ideas or simply play together. Again, Love starts in an impersonal way. As I make friends, the love becomes personal.

Have you noticed how the cursor on the Internet is shaped like a hand? I see this as another opportunity to channel love. Every time a cursor is pointing at a link, a user, or whatever, I see the hand as giving out love.

There are infinite vessels to channel love into, and there are infinite opportunities to love.

And the love that I give is returned multiplied a zillion-fold and round and round it goes.

Is Love personal or impersonal?

Love is impersonal and personal and impersonal and personal...ad infinitum.

Enocia

Related articles: Allowing Yourself to Feel So Deeply Cherished; Love, the Great Motivator; The Joy of Giving; An Ocean of Universal Energy; Receiving Unlimited Good; The Game of Receiving; The Personal and Impersonal Nature of God