Saturday, 17 June 2006

The Chapel

Yesterday, I spent some time in the Tyburn Convent chapel based in central London. I've been meaning to visit for quite some time; for some reason yesterday seemed like the perfect moment. Inside the chapel, a metal railing separates the visitors/worshippers from the nun within the enclosure.

What struck me was the tangible presence of peace/stillness within the chapel. I see the chapel as a physical representation of the inner silence/stillness we all have within us, though I experience inner silence as having a sound that is immensely blissful.

If you've never experienced the stillness within, the chapel (or similar type places) is a good place to start to remind you of the stillness that you are. I believe you don't have to always physically visit the chapel to experience its peace; all you have to do is remember what it felt like while you were there and you can evoke the same feeling.

It's wonderful to have a place of peace within the hustle and bustle of the shopping capital that one can escape to.

It's wonderful to know that I have a chapel within from where I experience the world.

Peace and Love from the Inner Chapel,
Enocia

Related article: The Power of Inner Silence