Monday, 26 June 2006

Awareness

Since I've been living with my mother, there are habits she has that have been brought to my awareness. For instance, she has this thing about keeping the bathroom sink dry, and she doesn't like seeing water marks on the taps. I've now been programmed to always towel dry the basin and wipe the taps until they are gleaming. Anything for an easy life.

In the same respect, there are habits I have that I've had to adjust. I used to be very sensitive to noise. I would start meditating then I'd hear mum banging pots and pans in the kitchen and that would put me right off. Other times she would either have the television really loud, or be speaking on the phone. Then I figured that instead of getting worked up or expecting my mother to change, why not use my mother's behaviour as an opportunity to be the Peace that I am that is untouched by human drama? Thanks to mum, I am always aware that I am Peace. The only time I was disturbed recently was when I heard mum coughing and I couldn't sleep, so I did what I could to dissolve the situation; see The Love is All There Is Detonator.

In case you're not aware of this, I travel a lot by buses. I usually thank the bus driver when I get on the bus. If it's a single decker bus, where you enter and exit through the same doors, I tend to also thank the driver when I'm getting off.

It's another day, and another bus journey. I'm on a single decker bus on my way home. The journey is about half an hour long. After we've been driving for about 25 minutes, the driver finishes his shift. For the rest of the journey we have a new driver. I have a thought: "When you get off and thank the driver, are you thanking just him?" Of course not! Not only am I thanking both drivers, I am thanking everyone at London Transport.

Let's take gratitude to another level. Why not thank the one Consciousness behind all forms, the One I know as God? Therefore, when I thank a bus driver, a shop assistant, my mother, anyone, I'm really thanking God. This is another kind of awareness.

Awareness of the One Intelligence/Consciousness means every moment I am communing with the All. Every moment, I am one with Infinite Power, Love and Wisdom.

Back to my bus journeys. There are times when I go on bus journeys just because I love travelling on buses. I get lots of inspiration during those journeys. At first, I felt like going on a long ride yesterday evening but then I had this strong feeling of "No, I don't feel like it! I'm going home!" At home, mum was watching television, the tail-end of a children's party at Buckingham Palace in honour of the Queen's 80th birthday.

"The palace fantasy land included Toad of Toad Hall rowing on the lake and Thomas the Tank Engine in his own railway station.

"Other characters at the party included Bob the Builder, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Rabbit."
Queen throws party for children.

I wasn't even aware this party was on or being shown on television. The final performance was from the stage adaptation of my favourite film, Mary Poppins. They were singing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" Now it made sense why I had that strong feeling to go home. Thank you, God!

I believe the only awareness worth having is an awareness of God being the all in all, then everything falls into place. Put another way:

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well." (Matthew 6: 33)

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Enocia

Related articles: The Will to Do Good; God Gets All the Credit; Gratitude; A Demonstration of Oneness